Thursday, August 6, 2009

Contemplating the summer

It has been a strange summer. Close friends have become strangers, and stangers have become friends. We took this photo after dinner one evening. Me, S, her boyfriend, Y and S. We are all so different, yet we manage to have a good time together. S and boyfriend are reserved, don't share much information about their private lives. I am quite the opposite, if you listen, I will talk. But then, isn't it safer to be quiet and not open up until you feel safe? Isn't it better to not tell the world what you are up to?
As for close friends....A and I barely talk any more. I did pick him up from the airport and drop him off to train station....but I am the only one who hasn't gotten a hug from him, the only one who he hasn't chilled with. He's in Ottawa right now....at some girl's place. Yes, that does bother me. But, like I said....friends become strangers.


For now, I shall indulge in the love I feel for the strangers who became friends.


PS- the dessert we are all sharing is "Mango Coconut Sticky Rice"...a thai dessert. You MUST try!

No comments: