Sunday, October 4, 2009

That Judgement

Many years ago...six I think....there was a man. He met me for a few minutes...and never again. In those few minutes, he a judgement about me. A negative judgement. This judgement affected the way other people behaved towards me. This judgement changed what they thought about me. This judgement tore apart my life. Oddly enough, I never found out the exact wording of what he said...I never was told why I was treated differently now.
I decided then...that I would work as hard as I can...to be bigger and better than men like him..in every way.

I vowed that I would never let a man wrongfully judge me again.

Fast forward to today: I just found out what he had said about me. Long story short, he had warned somebody about me...the words 'psycho bitch' may have been used.

And that angers me. Yes I may be a psycho bitch (though I hope I'm really not psycho, nor a bitch). But how and why did he decide I am a psycho bitch in the two minutes he met me? In the two minutes when I did not even say anything!

I am so so angry. He tore apart my life and I am still nursing the wounds from six years ago. He did not take the time to know me. He just opened his mouth and behold...my world fell apart.

And I am hurt. So very hurt. I must have been such a psycho bitch for him to be able to deduce it within two minutes. I must have been a horrible person.

Can't help but wonder...am I still a horrible person?

Or was he wrong?


And the saddest part? I still respect him.

No comments: